Don’t forget to check out my upcoming UC Berkeley Extension “Life Science Business Development” course, Thursday and Friday, Dec. 6-7, 2012 for intensive classroom work focusing on the functions critical to licensing, partnering and raising revenues and then two months of individualized support. The course will be offered at the Extension’s downtown Market St. center easily reached by public transportation from around the Bay Area.
You’ll receive gratis access to Deloitte’s Recap.com and BioCentury’s publication BioCentury and access to the latter’s archive as well as extensive resources available free online. These will all be very helpful in doing a term project if you choose to take the course for credit. See downloadable flyer or visit website at http://extension.berkeley.edu/catalog/course2005.html where you can see course outline and bios for the 7 lecturers. This course has been offered since 2003 and received outstanding evaluations from past students.
- BioCentury TV Today, See new program Webcast Starting Sunday, Nov. 4, 2012 http://www.biocenturytv.com, Available anytime starting at 9:00 a.m. EDT; Topic: “Brain Drain: Politics vs. Bioscientists;” Speakers: Marvin Ammori, Fellow at the New America Foundation; Benjamin Corb, Director of Public Affairs at the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology amd Dr. Demetrios Papademetriou, President of the Migration Policy Institute
- Vote in California, Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012 from 7:00 am until 8:00 pm (Drop off your absentee ballot at city halls or at your local precinct on Nov. 6. It’s too late to mail in!)
- Bio2Device Group, Tuesday Morning, Nov. 6, 2012; Topic: “Solving Start-Up Issues in Plastic Parts for Medical Products;” Speaker: Howard R. Mullin, Control Plastics
- Palo Alto AWIS, Wednesday Evening, November 7, 2012; Topic: “You, The Brand. Tell Your Story, Build Your Career;” Speaker: Lyn Christenson, Linkages Group
- NCCACRP, Wednesday Evening, Nov. 7, 2012; Topic: “Is Risk-Based Monitoring a Risky Business?” Speaker: Nikki Christison, President, Clinical Resolutions, Inc.
- UC Berkeley BioExec Institute, November 7-8, 2012; Program: Module B: Managing Value
- CHI 2012, Thursday, Nov. 8, 2012; Topic: CHI 2012, the California Healthcare Institute Annual Meeting: Speakers (confirmed to date): Dr. John C. Martin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Gilead Sciences; David W. Beier, Senior Vice President, Global Government Affairs and Corporate Affairs, Amgen; Coleen Klasmeier, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP; Vincenzo Salvatore, former legal service chief, European Medicines Agency; Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former FDA and CMS senior official; Danny Mendelson, CEO and Founder, Avalere; Tom Campbell, Dean of Chapman University School of Law
- Silicon Valley BioTalks, Thursday Evening, Nov. 8, 2012; Topic: “Upcoming Session: Winning Strategies For Clinical Data Integration;” Panelists: Joe Warlow, Director of Clinical data Management at Janssen Alzheimer Immunotherapy; Lauren Intagliata, Associate Director of Clinical Data Management at Genomic Health; Chito Hernandez, Vice President of Biometrics and Information Management at Elan Pharmaceuticals; Moderated by Wessam Sonbol, Senior Data Management Study Lead at Clinovo and Founder of VOXCE
- CBA, Saturday, November 10, 2012; Event: CBA Annual Meeting – Theme: Expediting bio-industry growth: innovation, globalization, and evolution
You can download the details for the above listed events this coming week in Audrey’s Picks as well as Jobs That Crossed My Desk. The latter includes jobs received this week as well as the previous two weeks. Just right click on the highlighted titles.
Much success to you and don’t forget to vote on Tuesday, Nov. 6.