We Need to Cleanse Our Society of Sexism, Racism and Greed
I’m rooting for the “just locker room talk” defense raising sufficient anger on part of wronged women and the many decent men in their lives to finally force a discussion of this discrimination and bring the abusers to justice. Michele Obama is speaking to the need for our culture to finally discuss the level of sexual abuse and discrimination by men and boys against women and girls with some hope of moving forward.
We thought that we had advanced more in this regard but now we learn that this deep seated sexism along with racism and greed to advance oneself at the cost of others still needs to be torn out from the fabric of our culture. Our democracy is at risk with the selfish wanting their way with no willingness to work together or share the riches of our country. We can’t have a healthy economy until we share with each other.
- Bio2Device Group, Tuesday Morning, Oct. 25, 2016, “Medical Device Business Development: Partnering with Larger Companies – Benefits, Challenges, and Strategies.” Speaker: Karun Shimoga, PhD, MBA, Business Development Executive
- CSLA, Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016, Event: Evening With Thought Leaders
- HBA, Tuesday Evening, Oct. 25, 2016, Event: “Chocolate, Wine and Networking!”
- HBA Webinar, Wednesday Evening, Oct. 26, 2016,Topic: “Advanced Practice Social Media,” Featured Speakers:Lea Carey, Global market strategy lead, Symplur; Julie Kelly, Vice president, business development, Ashfield, par of UDG Healthcare plc; Kelley Connors, President, KC Health, and global chair, HBA Digital Innovators; Jessica Pfenning, Enterprise digital leader, AstraZeneca, global chair, Digital Innovators, HBA
- Palo Alto AWIS, Wednesday Evening, Oct. 26, 2016,Topic: “Nonprofit Organizations,” Speaker: Amy Peabody, Executive Director of the Los Altos Educational Foundation
- JLABS, Thursday Afternoon, Oct. 27, 2016, Topic: “Accelerating Drug Discovery: Business Models for the Computational Pharmaceutical Company” Speakers: Steve Quake | Co-Founder, Agenovenir; Matt Ocko | Co-Managing Partner & Co-Founder, DCVC; Max Hodak | CEO & Co-Founder, Transcriptic; Anthony Rowe | Director & Business Technology Leader for Immunology Therapeutic Area, Janssen Human Microbiome Institute, Janssen Immunoscience & Janssen Prevention Centre
- PBSS, Friday, Oct. 28, 2016, Event: Minisymposium: Immuno-Oncology Biomarkers: Fundamentals, Technologies, and Applications in the Development of Cancer Therapeutics; Speakers: Scott Patterson PhD (Gilead), Terri McClanahan PhD (Merck), Rod Prell PhD (Genentech), Michael Angelo MD PhD (Stanford), Luciana Molinero PhD (Genentech), Take Ogawa (Second Genome) , Adil Daud MD (UCSF), Jeff Wallin PhD (Genentech), Jakob Dupont MD (Onco
You can download details for the above events in a complete PDF list of upcoming events through Dec. 2016 by right clicking on audreyspicksoct-2320162016.