AMA Supports Ban on RX Drug Promotion to Patients
The American Medical Association supported a ban on advertising prescription drugs at recent meeting of AMA. The controversy about the impact of prescription drug advertising has been around for decades, but it’s not surprising that now with all the backlash against irresponsible pricing by some drug companies stakesholders like physicians are taking stand against promotion to patients. The U.S. and New Zealand are the only countries which allow consumer advertising.
The most positive factor to support the continuation of such promotion is that patients can become aware of a disease they didn’t recognize they had through such advertising. But with the demands of patients for drugs at any price when others are picking up the tab, especially, taxpayers, it may be the time to halt this allowance. http://www.fiercepharmamarketing.com/story/just-say-no-drugs-advertising-ama-votes-ban-dtc-ads/2015-11-17
Highlights of Upcoming Bay Area Life Science Events
- Bio2Device Group, Tuesday Morning, Dec. 1, 2015; Topic: “GPP3 – Establishing Ethical Standards in Scientific Publications;” Speaker: Susy Chen, Medical Director
- Seminars at Stanford, Tuesday Midday, Dec. 1 and 3, 2015; Topic: “Sequence and Environmental Determinants of a Protein’s Energy Landscape”
- PRIME UC, Wednesday Afternoon, Dec. 2, 2015; Event: “Meet UC’s newest top life science spinouts”
- JLABS, Wednesday Morning, Dec. 2, 2015; Topic: “Who’s Who In 2015: Exploring The Exciting Biopharma Venture Ride;” Speaker: Jonathan Norris | Managing Director, Silicon Valley Bank
- sfAWIS, Wednesday Evening, Dec. 2, 2015; Event: Holiday Networking event
- PBSS Workshop, Friday Afternoon, Dec. 4, 2015; Topic: Getting your IP House in Order: Patent Fundamentals, Strategies, and Case Studies for Life Science Professionals, Speakers: Janet Xiao (Morrison & Foerster LLP), Jen Liu (Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP), Vandana
- RAPS, Friday Evening, Dec. 4, 2015; Topic: “CAPAs, Complaints and Design Control: Lessons Learned from Audit Findings”
You can download details for the above events in a complete PDF list of upcoming events through early 2016 by right clicking on Audreys Picks Nov. 22, 2015.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and time with friends and family! Remember to provide assistance to those in need in our community who lack the resources you and yours might have.
Note that I am not able to send my blog and lists directly to you as I did for over 10 years. You can access them by reading my weekly blog and downloading my lists at https://audreysnetwork.wordpress.com/. You can also access via my website at www.audreysnetwork.com.