Anonymous Survey Of Career Paths of Science and Technology Professionals
Take a Brief UC Survey About Science & Tech Careers
Researchers at the University of California Davis are conducting an anonymous survey about the career paths of science and technology professionals in the United States, with an emphasis on the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
Your response is very important. By sharing your work experience you will advance research about how professional achievements vary by immigration status, gender and race/ethnicity. For example, we want to learn whether the type of visa a person has when they arrive to the U.S. affects their earnings over time.
In order to compare success across groups, we must hear from diverse STEM professionals, both U.S.-born and immigrant.
Since biotech and pharma are large and growing sectors, we want to make sure your perspectives are included.
The survey is anonymous and all data will be studied in aggregate only. It takes about 10 minutes to complete.
The survey link is: http://tinyurl.com/z4g7zbb
We appreciate your time and consideration!
Contact UC Davis Principal Investigator Robin Savinar with questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hightlights of Life Science Events for the Week of Feb. 8, 2016
- Seminars at Stanford, Tuesday, Mid Day, Feb. 9, 2016, Topic: “Novel Technologies to Investigate the Stem Cell Niche”
- Bio2Device Group, Tuesday Evening, Feb. 9, 2016, Topic: “Smarticles: A New Class of Molecular Diagnostic,” Speaker: Diego Rey, PhD , Co-Founder & Head of Research, GeneWEAVE
- sfAWIS, Wednesday Evening, Feb. 10, 2016, Event: “Evening of Networking”
- ACRP, Thursday Afternoon, Feb. 11, 2016, Event: Mark Your Calendars for the ACRP Virtual Career Fair
- JLABS, Thursday MidDay, Feb. 11, 2016, Topic: “Lessons in Herding Cats – Business Development Basics for Life Science Companies,” Speaker: Lesley Stolz, Ph.D. | Sr. Director, Transactions, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, California
- GGPF, Thursday Evening, Feb. 11, 2016, Topic: “Hemoperfusion with Polymeric Adsorbents in the Treatment of Drug-Resistant Bloodstream Infections,” Speaker: Bob Ward is president of ExThera Medical
You can download details for the above events in a complete PDF list of upcoming events through August 2016 by right clicking on Audrey’s Picks. This week I have a short Jobs That Crossed My Desk as well.